Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Peru Trip Blog...

At the airport, I slept most of the trip but I am still sooo tired.  My wife is actually sleeping on my shoulder right now!  We are waiting for our baggage to show up, it sure hope its not lost , that would be bad! The weather is nice right now, it’s the middle of the night but still 60 degrees! This is possible the biggest airport I have ever seen, let alone been to!  To be honesty I'm a little scared.  OH, I think I see our bags…..



Aeropuerto Internacional Jorge Chávez




Here is our hotel, its so nice I almost want to stay here!


My own bed? I must be on Vacation!
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7IGrjmtodZKQYfZ4qj_kK3uTbDxMrxZX5EBovWdg-dBrN-8y06Q



So today we are pretty much driving around pretending to not be lost, I am sticking by the coast line so I'm sure we will make it back to the hotel by dark…...

After lunch we continued on down the coast just to check out the sites, 

   
Pretty cool… the Virgen del Carmen, maybe we can come back in July when theyhave the big  party to celebrate this "la Reina de los Mares", its apparently just as big of a party as the fourth of July back home only you get to eat seafood instead of burgers! Sounds good to me!
We  were getting hungry so……...of course im always hungry….
Our first day out= we head south along the coast line to find: Alfredo's we were told it was great so I looked it up on trip advisor and found it http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g294316-d775152-Reviews-Alfresco-Lima.html



Chastity's Lunch!
Chastity orders the shrimp an crayfish….and then lets me eat the crayfish cause they had eyes on them.  We got everything that was recommended, good thing I was hungry

The tuna Ceviche


After lunch we continued on down the coast just to check out the sites, 


The coast is so nice, I could spend the whole trip driving up and down it and never take it all in   


Of course we took a few short cuts through town a few times to go check out the churches.  The religion here in Peru is very important the have so much more detail and passion put into these old churches than we do. It was nice 




End of the day….and yes I found the way back to the hotel before dark….almost, time for a few drinks and lots of rest!!


                                                                                                                                       







No comments:

Post a Comment