Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Costa Rica Trip

Hellooo again all! I hope you all enjoy the photos from our Costa Rica trip me and my wife Chastity  were able to take recently. It was one of the shortest trips we have taken in distance but somehow managed to take the longest because of how much there was to explore.

 We begin our trip on the coast near the city of Limon and we are heading cross country to La Cruz, Provincia de Guanacaste, to the Santa Rosa National Park on the opposite Coast. That’s right we are going from the Atlantic Ocean( actually the Caribbean Sea)  to the South Pacific Ocean. We could just take a boat through the Panama Canal which is just south of us but what fun would that be! Besides I’m sure Chastity would rather have me driving her through the Jungle in a four wheel drive vehicle than laying around on a big luxurious boat……
 One of the Elements of Danger, live Volcanoes….. We explored one on our last trip and it was fun but I think we will check these ones out from a distance to stay on schedule(AND UN-TOASTED)

As we began to drive I noticed how many different types of “forest “ can be in one area. As a biologist I found it really interesting , Chastity was more interested in telling me which part of the road to drive on….. This is what we would call “cloud forest” cause it is of course very moist but it also has enough cool air blowing in off the ocean to create constant low lying clouds. It is pretty cool.
This is a picture I got a little farther up the road , more in the central costa Rica area and the clouds are gone
 so I just call this rain forest.

It was really neat to see the local wildlife, this sloth was kinda sleepy and this is the best picture I could get             One thing about this area is that there is a lot of rivers to cross and this bridge was a little scary to cross over….



 Chastity  didn’t like these fellows at all but I thought they were cute


I thought these were so neat, we had to walk a ways to get these shots and the pictures dont do them justice!

 I know… I know… everything looks the same, and I agree.  This trip was all about jungle, or Rain Forest however you want to view it. I like to say Jungle cause it sounds more dangerous.

So I got to this part of the road and Chastity was sure we were lost and going to die in the Jungle and I was glad to have 4-W-D

 

We did get to were we were going , it is a snake ”farm”. They had a ton of cool snakes 

They were alive and dead, Chastity liked the dead ones!

 We eventually found pavement again !.


                      and lunch!!!       


 So we made it all the way across the country and what do we find…… more volcano!!….Great! At least this one was not smoking!! (as much)

 Once we reached the State Park and the coast it turned out our 4 hour drive took more like 8 hours!!
                                     
                          
And so our trip is done ….till next time…….






http://mw2.google.com/mw-panoramio/photos/small/24842846.jpg







No comments:

Post a Comment